Thursday 8 November 2012

Digi-pak Research

The song that I am doing for my music video is called 'Fly Away' and I think that the song falls into the indie/pop genre and this is the keep of style in which that I shall be looking at for the digipak.

This digipak is by the group called Coldplay. What I liked about this digipak is the simplicity of the two sides and how they have stuck to the 2 colours. I also liked the 4 images of the band and the camera angles they have used and the lighting. The use of the lighting in the four images of the band members is showing a rather rock style to it, and I really like the fact that the one is in black and white. I really like the layout of the songs and how they have 2 dots in between each one. Another thing that I liked about this digipak is how the front cover relates to the lyrics in the song. I found it quite interesting how they have two names to the album, one of which is one of there songs, as they are trying to promote it. From the pictures that they have used you get the sense that they are from an pop/indie genre. On my digipak, like this one, I would like to have a bit of writing about the copyright and a bar-code for my target audience. I really like how they have used colour in different various ways in the four pictures and how the bottom right picture looks like sepia. The setting that they have used looks like just one of their performances and it is a close-up of each individual. 


This digipak is for Mumford & Sons who fall into the Indie genre. I really like the style of this digipak, as it is simple yet effective. I would say that this digipak is very much redundant rather then entropic as there is nothing strange about the picture, but also it is very appropriate for the target audience. I like the fact that they have kept with just a few colours, the white and black, it doesn't over complicate things and has a nice feel to it like the band. Another thing that I thought was good with this digipak is how they have a symbol on the one side and it is also on the CD. I also like the positioning of the artists in the windows and how the one on the bottom right is in a different position to the rest, which could be connoting their unique style. I would say that the target audience for this digipak are individualists and are about C1 on the jicnar scale. Another thing that I liked about this digipak is the font style and how it is all in capitals, I also like the fact that the CD is just plain black.



No comments:

Post a Comment