Thursday 8 November 2012

Research into magazine adverts



Here is a magazine advert by the music artist called Mika. I would say that he is an Indie/pop artist. I would say that this advert is quite entropic more so then redundant, because it is a very random design with what looks like a room then space behind it and it all falling into a black hole. As this is just a single page advert this could be showing that his target audience are not mainstream followers and are more of the individualists. I quite like how there isn't a lot of writing and it is simply telling us what we need to know and there is a bit of micro-marketing by it saying that it includes a single. I really like the font that he has used as it fits very well with the illustration that he has used. I think that because this advert is bright and colourful it will attract the eye. There is only a small image of the artist which is showing that the star image isn't important and that it is more about the music. I think that this advert will appeal to the target audience very much as the whole idea of it is very unique and hasn't followed the mainstream trend.


As you can see this is a magazine advert for the group called The Verve. I really liked the simplicity of this advert and how they have got a photo as the background. I also like the font that they have used for the name and the reverse colours. By the fact that it is just half a page is saying that perhaps they haven't got the budget that a mainstream artist would have, but this will soot the type of target audience. I would think that this is quite a redundant idea, as there isn't out of the normal which would make me say that it is entropic. I really like the ides that they are having it on vinyl as well as CD and how is spreads over cross-media sites, and how the MP3 part is out before the CD and vinyl. Another thing that I liked about this advert is how they have their website at the bottom just in a small size. I like the colours that have been used and how it gives it an old look to it. I quite like how at the very bottom of the advert it has a logo of either the publisher or the record label. There is absolutely no star image in this advert as there is only the one image which is the background. 

No comments:

Post a Comment